The Israeli occupation military issued 22 administrative detention orders to imprison Palestinians without charge or trial between 11 and 18 January, 2017. Palestinian lawyer Mahmoud Halabi noted that the Ofer military court had issued five new administrative detention orders and 17 renewal orders against Palestinians already jailed without charge or trial.
There are over 700 Palestinians imprisoned without charge or trial under Israeli administrative detention. These orders are issued for one to six months at a time, but are indefinitely renewable; some Palestinians have spent years at a time in administrative detention. These orders follow 34 more administrative detention orders issued between 1 and 11 January.
Among those issued renewal orders was Ghassan Zawahreh, former long-term hunger striker who won his release in the 2015 “Battle of Breaking the Chains,” and whose brother, Moataz Zawahreh, was killed by Israeli forces as he joined a protest outside Dheisheh refugee camp. He was ordered to six more months imprisonment without charge or trial.
The imprisonment of Khairullah Hafez Sharaideh, from Nablus, who uses a wheelchair and was transferred to interrogation in an ambulance, was also ordered extended without charge or trial for four more months. Bajis Khalil Nakhleh, 50, from Jalazon refugee camp in Ramallah, is a former prisoner who spent over 18 years in Israeli prison and was deported from Palestine in the Marj al-Zouhour mass deportation of Hamas and Islamic Jihad leaders, also saw his administrative detention renewed for another four months of imprisonment without charge.
The list of those issued administrative detention orders follows:
1. Ahmed Mohammed Warada, from Nablus, 4 months, extension
2. Mohammed Abdel-Fattah Hazin, from al-Khalil, 4 months, extension
3. Ahmed Abdallah Abu Sariyah, from Jenin, 4 months, extension
4. Nabil Kamel Jabbara, from al-Khalil, 6 months, extension
5. Basem Mohammed Musallem, from al-Khalil, 6 months, extension
6. Ghassan Ibrahim Zawahreh, from Bethlehem, 6 months, extension
7. Khairullah Hafez Sharaideh, from Nablus, 4 months, extension
8. Mamdouh Saud Kharajah, Bethlehem, 4 months, extension
9. Aseed Mohammed Mualla, from Nablus, 6 months, new order
10. Wael Younis Bader, from Jerusalem, 4 months, extension
11. Ahmed Mohammed Zourba, from Nablus, 6 months, extension
12. Ibrahim Mohammed Faqih, from Ramallah, 4 months, new order
13. Mohammed Nazmi Safi, from Ramallah, 4 months, extension
14. Murad Mohammed Mahameed, from Bethlehem, 4 months, extension
15. Mohammed Ahmed Antar, from Jerusalem, 6 months, new order
16. Mohammed Hamdi Shabana, from al-Khalil, 4 months, extension
17. Bajis Khalil Nakhleh, from Ramallah, 4 months, extension
18. Raafat Hussein Shalash, from al-Khalil, 6 months, extension
19. Rami Amin Sharida, from Tubas, 3 months, new order
20. Ahmad Nuh Hareish, from Ramallah, 3 months, new order
21. Mahmoud Hassan Wardian, from Bethlehem, 6 months, extension
22. Omar Abdel-Fattah Hanbali, from Nablus, 4 months, extension