The Israeli occupation military courts issued a total of 28 more administrative detention orders between 16 and 28 February, reported Palestinian lawyer Mahmoud Halabi of the Palestinian Prisoners’ Society. There have been a total of at least 99 administrative detention orders issued in the month of February.
These orders included the renewal of the administrative detention of Sabah Faraoun and a new administrative detention order against journalist Hammam Hantash, 25, for six months; Hantash has been imprisoned since 15 February.
They are among approximately 600 Palestinians imprisoned without charge or trial under administrative detention, of 7,000 total Palestinian political prisoners in Israeli jails. Administrative detention orders are indefinitely renewable, and they are issued in periods of one to six months. Under administrative detention, Palestinians can be imprisoned for years without ever having a charge or trial.
There are currently two Palestinian prisoners engaged in an open hunger strike demanding their freedom from administrative detention: Mohammed al-Qeeq, on strike for 27 days, and Jamal Abu Leil, on strike for 17 days.
On Saturday, 4 March, over 100 people protested in Kabul in Palestine ’48 in solidarity with Mohammed Ibrahim, 20, imprisoned since 11 May 2016 under administrative detention without charge or trial. They demanded freedom for Ibrahim and an end to the policy of administrative detention that targets all Palestinians.
The following orders were issued against Palestinian detainees:
1. Ashraf Ghassan Jibril, from Qalqilya, 4 months, extension
2. Majdi Abdel-Qader Oweidat, from Jericho, 5 months extension
3. Bakr Mohammed Kharyoush, from Tulkarem, 4 months, extension
4. Ahmed Mahmoud Kharyoush, from Nablus, 4 months, extension
5. Bahaa Taha Najjar, from al-Khalil, 4 months, extension
6. Hassan Hassanein Shawkat, from Bethlehem, 4 months extension
7. Samer Mahmoud Hanani, from Nablus, 4 months extension
8. Imad Mahmoud Abadi, from Jenin, 3 months extension
9. Yacoub Imad Abu Turki, from al-Khalil, 4 months, extension
10. Saadi Mohammed Khaddeirat, from al-Khalil, 4 months, extension
11. Nour Shaker al-Atrash, from al-Khalil, 6 months, extension
12. Saif Bassam Abu Eisha, from al-Khalil, 4 months, extension
13. Jadallah Abdel-Halim Da’na, from al-Khalil, 6 months, extension
14. Musab Taha Manasrah, from al-Khalil, 6 months, extension
15. Raafat Khalil Abu Rabie, from Ramallah, 4 months, extension
16. Ramzi Tawfiq Qarini, from Jenin, 6 months, extension
17. Ashraf Zeidan al-Qurei, from Jenin, 4 months, extension
18. Sabah Mohammed Faraoun, from Jerusalem, 4 months, extension
19. Imad Hamdi Abu Khalaf, from al-Khalil, 6 months, new order
20. Hammam Mohammed Hantash, from al-Khalil, 6 months, new order
21. Shahid Ghassan Ziadah, from Nablus, 4 months, extension
22. Mansour Mustafa Bani Odeh, from Tubas, 4 months, extension
23. Mohammed Ghassan Najdi, 6 months, extension
24. Raif Ahmad Jaradat, from Jenin, 4 months, extension
25. Sabri Ismail Jaber, from Bethlehem, 6 months, extension
26. Tareq Anwar Dais, from al-Khalil, 4 months, extension
27. Salem Badi Dirdasawi, from el-Bireh, 6 months, extension
28. Kamal Mazen Boustah, from Jenin, 4 months, extension