The Israeli occupation Ofer military court extended the detention of Ahed, Nour and Nariman Tamimi for four days on 25 December 2017; they will be back before the military court on 29 December, reported the Free the Tamimi Women page on Facebook. The military prosecutors had originally asked for the three women’s detention to be extended for 10 days.
This came after a night of attacks on the village of Nabi Saleh, where the three Tamimi women are, with their families, leaders of the indigenous land defense against Israeli colonization. The illegal settlement of Halamish has confiscated Nabi Saleh’s land as well as its spring. In the nighttime raids, Bassem Tamimi reported that two Palestinian youth, Moatasem and Izz Tamimi, were seized by Israeli occupation forces.
Bilal Tamimi also reported that Nour’s family home was again attacked by occupation forces in the night raid and that soldiers beat Nour’s father, Naji, with rifle butts in his head and chest. “In the end, this systematic terrorism targeting the Tamimi family in Nabi Saleh increases our strength and perseverance to continue our struggle – which we have done with our blood and with our prisoners and the groans of our wounded – until victory and liberation,” said Bilal.
- Join the Twitterstorm! Every day, a Twitterstorm is being organized with a new hashtag released at the moment the campaign begins to raise awareness and urge action to free Ahed, Nour and Nariman Tamimi. You can join in and follow the campaign at the Free the Tamimi Women facebook page and @YASHebron on Twitter. The twitterstorms are currently scheduled for 10 AM Pacific, 1 PM Eastern, 6 PM UK, 7 PM in Europe, 8 PM in Palestine – updates and hashtags are posted regularly on Facebook and Twitter.
- For supporters in the US: Call your member of the House of Representatives to support H.R. 4391, the Promoting Human Rights by Ending Israeli Military Detention of Palestinian Children Act. Tell them specifically about Ahed’s arrest, and urge them to act for her release. Tell them to pressure Israel to free Ahed and other detained Palestinian kids. Call the House switchboard at (202) 224-3121 and ask to speak to your Representative’s office. CODEPINK has an action to highlight this case specifically.
- Call your nearest Israeli embassy and let them know that you know about the detention of Ahed Tamimi in Nabi Saleh and other Palestinian child prisoners. Demand Ahed, her mother Nariman, and the other detained children be immediately released. Contact infomation here: https://embassy.goabroad.com/embassies-of/israel
- Sign the petition. Over 150,000 people have already signed on to demand freedom for Ahed: https://secure.avaaz.org/campaign/en/free_ahed/?feiNukb
- Organize a protest for Ahed or join one of the many protests for Jerusalem and distribute this post and other news about Ahed and the Palestinian prisoners. Get others involved in the struggle for Palestinian freedom! Build the campaign for boycott, divestment and sanctions against Israel and complicit corporations like HP and G4S.
- Write to Ahed, Nour and Nariman. While Zionist jailers frequently censor Palestinian prisoners’ mail, these letters can help bolster morale and even send a message to the jailers and censors themselves. Write to Ahed Tamimi, Nour Tamimi or Nariman Tamimi (choose one and address your letter to one only) at: HaSharon prison
Ben Yehuda, P.O. Box 7
40 330 Israel