UPDATE, April 4: Khalida Jarrar refused to speak or eat at all while she was held at Ofer under interrogation before being transferred to HaSharon prison, reported her daughter Yafa.
More international voices are expressing support for Khalida Jarrar:
- EH Bildu (Euskal Herria Bildu), a Basque left political party with representation in the European Parliament,demands immediate release of Khalida Jarrar
- Association France-Palestine Solidarite: Khalida Jarrar doit être libérée
- Canada – National Education Committee on Israel/Palestine on Khalida Jarrar
- Canada, Toronto – Coalition Against Israeli Apartheid calls for action for Khalida Jarrar
- Denmark – Internationalt Forum: Freedom for Khalida Jarrar!
Italian language alert: http://kanafani.it/?p=882
French language alert: http://www.couppourcoup31.com/2015/04/la-militante-palestinienne-khalda-jarrar-a-ete-arretee.html
Spanish language alert: http://samidoun.net/2015/04/espanol-lider-palestina-diputada-khalida-jarrar-fue-arrestada-por-fuerzas-de-ocupacion-israeli/
Protests in solidarity with Khalida Jarrar:
- London, April 2: Video, Protest to Free Palestinian Prisoners, focusing on Khalida Jarrar and child prisoners
- Albuquerque, April 6: Emergency Protest to Free Khalida Jarrar
Reports on Khalida Jarrar’s arrest (small selection among numerous reports):
- “She speaks the truth:” Palestinian leftist parliamentarian arrested in early morning raid, Charlotte Kates, Mondoweiss
- Ashrawi: Jarrar’s Arrest Is a Politically Motivated Violation of Her Parliamentary Immunity, Palestine News Network
- Israel arrests leftist lawmaker Khalida Jarrar, Middle East Eye
- Palestinians condemn Israel’s arrest of prominent leftist lawmaker Khalida Jarrar, Ali Abunimah, Electronic Intifada
- Leftist Palestinian Lawmaker Jarrar Arrested by Israeli Forces, TeleSUR English
- Israeli soldiers arrest feminist Palestinian lawmaker, Haggai Matar, +972 Mag
- PFLP member Khalida Jarrar detained for ‘inciting terror activity’, Ma’an News
For ongoing news and updates on the case of Khalida Jarrar, please see: http://samidoun.net/khalidajarrar/
Take Action to support Khalida Jarrar:
1. Click here: Send a message to the Israeli Occupation Forces and demand the immediate release of Khalida Jarrar.It is important that the occupation learns that Khalida has supporters around the world who will not be silent in the face of this injustice.
2. Sign the petition! Sign and share this petition, demanding freedom for Khalida Jarrar immediately.
3. Contact your Member of Parliament, Representative, or Member of European Parliament. The attack on Khalida is an attack on Palestinian parliamentary legitimacy and political expression. Parliamentarians have a responsibility to pressure Israel to cancel this order.
4. Use the Campaign Resources to inform your community, parliamentarians and others about Khalida’s case.
5. Protest at the Israeli consulate or embassy for Khalida Jarrar. Bring posters and flyers about Khalida’s case and hold a protest, or join a protest with this important information. Hold a community event or discussion, or include Khalida’s case in your next event about Palestine and social justice.
6. Boycott, Divest and Sanction. Hold Israel accountable for its violations of international law. Don’t buy Israeli goods, and campaign to end investments in corporations that profit from the occupation. Learn more at bdsmovement.net.