Join the Rasmea Defense Committee for a social media campaign Wednesday, January 27, 2016, in support of Palestinian American icon, Rasmea Odeh! A decision is expected any day in Rasmea’s appeal of her unjust conviction for Unlawful Procurement of Naturalization.
Participate on Twitter and Facebook on Wednesday, January 27th, using these sample tweets, hashtags, articles, memes, and other resources. Rasmea has dedicated her life to the cause of a #FreePalestine and to Arab communities across the world, including the past 12 years in Chicago. So we must continue to dedicate our organizing to win #Justice4Rasmea.
How to participate:
Help us spread the word about Rasmea on every social media platform you’re on!
- Twitter: Follow @Justice4Rasmea, re-tweet our messages, and tweet your own (based on our resource guide) throughout the day.
Promos to send before Wednesday:
Join the #Justice4Rasmea social media campaign Wednesday, January 27! Resources here: http://justice4rasmea.tumblr.com/
- Facebook: Like and follow us at http://www.fb.com/Free-Rasmea-Now-678264732186412
- The resource page is at http://justice4rasmea.tumblr.com/, where there will be images and text that you can share on whatever social media you are using. Make sure to include the #Justice4Rasmea hashtag.
- Go to www.justice4rasmea.org for more information.
- Prepare your city, organization, and / or campus for our Emergency Response Plan:
Although we are confident that we will win the appeal and have the conviction overturned, there is a chance—as we reported right before the end of 2015—that the appellate court will uphold the conviction, ruling in favor of the government. If that happens, it is very likely that Rasmea will be ordered to turn herself in to federal prison authorities, while we petition to keep her out on bail.
If this worst-case scenario decision comes down BEFORE 12 NOON, and Rasmea is ordered to prison, we are calling for protests the VERY SAME DAY at 5 PM at federal buildings across the country.
If the decision comes down AFTER 12 NOON, we are calling for protests the NEXT DAY at 5 PM.
Allies and supporters across the world will also be participating in the emergency response by protesting at U.S. consulates and embassies everywhere.