On Wednesday, 31 October, call your government to demand it intercede for the immediate release of Khalida Jarrar, a Palestinian parliamentarian jailed without charge or trial under Israeli “administrative detention” since July 2017. Her arbitrary imprisonment was just renewed for another four months.
Join the Facebook page for the call-in campaign and invite others. After you call, post to the page telling other supporters who you called and what they told you.
Call during your country’s regular office hours:
• Australian Minister of Foreign Affairs Marise Payne: + 61 2 6277 7500
• Canadian Foreign Minister Chrystia Freeland: +1-613-992-5234
• European Union Commissioner Federica Mogherini: +32 (0) 2 29 53516
• New Zealand Minister of Foreign Affairs Winston Peters: +64 4 439 8000
• United Kingdom Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt: +44 20 7008 1500
• United States President Donald Trump: 1-202-456-1111
Tell your government:
• Khalida Jarrar is a Palestinian member of parliament and a political leader. She has been jailed by Israel with no charges and no trial since July 2017.
• Your government must intercede to demand her immediate release and end all support for Israel’s political imprisonment and other crimes against Palestinians.
• Israel’s use of “administrative detention” is a universally-recognized violation of human rights and international law.
• The government must do more than criticize “administrative detention” or express concern, but should also take serious measures to end these violations.