On 2 October 2021, members of the Ghassan Kanafani Brigade to Lebanon, organized by Samidoun Palestinian Prisoner Solidarity Network, spoke in an online reportback addressing the current crisis in Lebanon and the ongoing struggle of Palestinian refugees for justice, liberation and return. Delegation co-chairs Mohammed Khatib and Jaldia Abubakra and members Thomas Hofland, Aya and Jacob spoke about their experiences and insights.
In the summer of 2021, Samidoun Palestinian Prisoner Solidarity Network launched the Ghassan Kanafani Brigade to Lebanon and the Palestinian refugee camps. The brigade, announced on the 49th anniversary of the assassination of Palestinian writer, leader and revolutionary Ghassan Kanafani, included activists and organizers based in Belgium, Spain, France, Sweden, the Netherlands, and elsewhere.
Join us for a reportback on the situation in Lebanon from Palestinian and Palestine solidarity organizers, addressing topics such as:
* Economic crisis in Lebanon today
* Palestinian refugees and the right of return
* Situation in the Palestinian refugee camps
* Lebanese and Palestinian resistance
* The situation of Palestinian youth and women
* Political scene in Lebanon and the Palestinian refugee camps
* The campaign to free Georges Abdallah
Please note that Jaldia Abubakra spoke originally in Spanish. This video contains English interpretation — thank you to Irene for the interpretation. The Facebook video has original Spanish for Spanish speakers and English for English speakers here: