On Saturday, 29 October, the March for Return and Liberation in Brussels proceeded to the European Parliament with a clear set of demands and principles.
- For the liberation of Palestine from the river to the sea and the right to return of all Palestinians
- To support the Palestinian people, their resistance and their liberation movement
- For the release of all Palestinian political prisoners in Israeli, PA, Arab reactionary and imperialist prisons, including the release of Georges Ibrahim Abdallah, Lebanese struggler for Palestine jailed in France for 38 years.
- To end the blockade and siege on Gaza
- To demand and implement the total boycott of the Israeli occupation, including kicking Israel out of the United Nations and bringing an end to the “EU-Israel Association Agreement”
- To denounce the responsibility of imperialist powers in forming, funding and arming the Zionist colonial regime in Palestine
- To demand an end to the listing of resistance organizations and rights defenders as “terrorists” and the repression of Palestinian organizing by the US, EU and others
- To confront the collaborationist role of the Palestinian Authority and the so-called “peace process” and the normalization projects being pursued by reactionary Arab regimes under imperialist auspices.
- To honour the activists, leaders, strugglers and organizers assassinated by the occupation forces, especially those in Europe
Thousands participated in the March and associated events, with over 100 organizations endorsing the march organized by the Masar Badil, the Palestinian Alternative Revolutionary Path Movement. Samidoun Palestinian Prisoner Solidarity Network, its chapters and affiliate organizations, including Collectif Palestine Vaincra, Samidoun Deutschland, Samidoun Nederland, Samidoun Paris Banlieue and Samidoun Spain, participated widely in the March.
Belgian partner organizations Classe Contre Classe, Secours Rouge and the Plate-forme Charleroi-Palestine played a crucial role in organizing the march while EuroPalestine brought multiple buses of participants from France. The photos below give just some glimpses of the enthusiasm, revolutionary optimism and commitment to Palestinian liberation on the streets of Brussels: