Six Palestinian prisoners are currently engaging in open-ended hunger strikes in protest of actions by the occupation prison authorities:
- Akram al-Fassisi, held in administrative detention without charge or trial since November 2012, who has engaged in previous hunger strikes that he was forced to end due to ill health, began a new open-ended hunger strike on January 9, 2014. (Profile from Addameer)
- Waheed Abu Maria, also held in administrative detention without charge or trial since November 2012, launched an open-ended hunger strike against administrative detention on January 9, 2014.
- Muammar Banat, also in administrative detention without charge or trial, joined in this open-ended hunger strike on January 9, 2014.
- Abdul Majeed Khudairat, who has engaged in hunger strikes in the past, launched his open-ended hunger strike in protest of his re-arrest after his release in the prisoner exchange agreement of October 2011. He began his strike on January 15.
Musa Soufan of Tulkarem, sentenced to life imprisonment plus five years, launched a hunger strike on January 25, 2014, protesting against medical neglect and delay in treatment; he has a tumor under his left ear and needs an operation to remove the tumor but has received only painkillers and has been isolated rather than moved to the hospital.
- Hossam Yousef Omar also launched a hunger strike on January 25, 2014; he is being held in isolation in Megiddo prison and is demanding an end to his solitary confinement.