3 April 2014, Occupied Ramallah – Addameer and the Palestinian Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions National Committee call on campaigners and people of conscience to take action Palestinian prisoner’s day on April 17 to stand in solidarity with Palestinian political prisoners.
The Bill and Melinda Gates foundation, the biggest charitable foundation in the world, owns shares in Israeli prison contractor G4S worth more than $170m. Join us in calling on them to divest their shares!
Night raids are the most common form of arrest, during which Israeli soldiers will ransack an individual’s house, destroying personal property and abusing physically abusing family members. The arrested person will then be handcuffed and blindfolded before being thrown into the back of an Israeli military jeep, face-down, where the beatings, insults and humiliation will continue.
- Sign and widely share the petition calling on the Gates Foundation to divest from G4S
- Share this call and the link to the petition using the hashtag #StopG4S
- Share the graphics from Addameer’s Facebook page calling on the Gates Foundation to divest
- Organise an action at a G4S or Gates Foundation office in your city
- Organise a protest or rally in solidarity with Palestinian political prisoners
Add the endorsement of your organisation by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org