Thursday, 26 May
Holiday Inn London Sutton
Join the Stop G4S campaign at the G4S AGM to protest the company’s role in human rights abuses in the UK and across the world.
Join us to Stop G4S and demand that the government stops giving the company control over our public services.
Bring banners, flags and drums and bring yourself and your friends.
– G4S is facing mounting pressure over abuses in child detention centres it runs for the UK government
– G4S operates 3 immigration detention centres and provides health services to Yarl’s Wood detention centre. Numerous complaints have been made about the health services G4S provides.
– G4S is under investigation for fraud in the electronic tagging systems G4S houses asylum seekers in unsanitary slum conditions and stigmatises residents by marking the doors with red paint.
– G4S helps Israel run prisons where Palestinian political prisoners, including children, are illegally held, often without trial and subject to torture. It also provides equipment and services to Israeli checkpoints, police training centres and military bases
– G4S has been accused ofabuses in detention centres and prisons it runs in the US, South Africa and the Manus Island Detention Center in Papua New Guinea
– G4S has a track record of inadequate screening and training processes for their staff. The same restraints that killed Gareth Myatt and Jimmy Mubenga are still being used in secure training centres run by G4S.
UNICEF, UNHCR and the University of Helsinki are some of the latest organisations to cut their ties with G4S following campaigns over the role of G4S in human rights abuses.
G4S has reacted to growing anger by saying it wants to sell off its Israeli subsidiary and childrens’ services in the UK and its youth prisons in the US.
But we know that G4S has a track record of saying one thing and then doing another and we know that even if these sales go ahead, G4S will remain involved in some of the world’s worst human rights abuses.