Georges Abdallah is a Lebanese Communist struggler and a fighter for the Palestinian cause imprisoned in France since 1984 and eligible for release since 1999. He is entering his 37th year of imprisonment next 24 October, one of the longest-held political prisoners in the world.
On Saturday, 24 October, the annual protest for the liberation of Georges Abdallah will march to the gates of the prison where he is held in Lannemezan, France. Gather at the Lannemezan train station at 2 pm for a march to the prison.
Samidoun Palestinian Prisoner Solidarity Network urges all supporters of Palestine to take action for the Month of Action for Georges Abdallah – and to join the march through the streets of Lannemezan, with the call: Free Georges Abdallah, Free Palestine!
Join the buses to Lannemezan:
- Toulouse – Bus departs on Saturday, 24 October at 11:30 am at Basso Cambo metro. Tickets are free – register with the Collectif Palestine Vaincra at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Marseille – Bus departs at 5:45 am at Saint-Charles station (to be confirmed). Stops along the way in Martigues, Istres, Montpellier, with likely return around midnight. To register: Soraya 07 68 50 21 65 and Adil 06 13 20 51 51
- Bordeaux – Bus meeting point at 8:30 am, place Ravezies, return around 10 pm. 10 EUR minimum for tickets. To register, email email@example.com.
- Pau – AFPS-Pau is organizing carpooling: meet at 12:30 p.m. parking lot at Jaï Alaï, 458 boulevard du Cami Salié
- Paris bus will leave on Friday, 23 October at 9:30 pm and return on Sunday, 25 October in the morning. Tickets are 50 EUR, and a donation campaign is being organized to support greater participation on the bus from Paris.