Thursday, September 7th at 4 pm/PST, 6 pm/CST, 7 pm/EST
This is the first in a series of webinars in partnership with Black Alliance for Peace and Samidoun (an international aid organization for Palestinian prisoners and their families).
- The webinar will examine the connections between the Black and Palestinian struggles.
- Panelists will explore connections between the US and Israel in the violation of human rights in both nations.
- We’ll talk about how the US and Israel maintain militarized police forces and create infrastructure such as Atlanta’s Cop City, which perpetuate and spread violence against residents of both nations.
- We’ll address how the US funds Israel’s occupation forces to the tune of $3 billion per year, which is then used to displace, dispossess and detain Palestinians.
- You’ll hear how the US school-to-prison pipeline and Israel’s targeting of Palestinian children destroy young lives and fuel the prison industrial complex.
- We will also discuss how every major city’s police force in the US sends personnel to Israel to learn tactics of suppression – the same tactics Israel uses against Palestinians.
- And then we’ll talk about how to organize people to resist this.
Please join us. Please spread the word.