Amid the global COVID-19 pandemic, organizations around the world are moving their activism and educational work online to support the Palestinian prisoners’ struggle for freedom. Samidoun has hosted several webinars to date, including: Fighting Anti-Palestinian Repression with Khaled Barakat; Palestinian Refugees and the Right to Return with Mohammed Khatib; and Freedom for Georges Abdallah with Collectif Palestine Vaincra. (Click the links to watch the full video of each.) Our webinar series is continuing! As Palestinian Prisoners’ Day approaches, many different organizations around the world are organizing online events to support their liberation. Here are a few you can attend in the coming days:
Upcoming Online Events for Palestine and political prisoners:
- Tuesday, 14 April: International Solidarity event for Grup Yorum, the imprisoned musical band in Turkey, in memory of Helin Bolek, who died after 288 days of hunger strike. 9 am Pacific/12 pm Eastern/6 pm Europe/7 pm Palestine. Join the Facebook event for the link: https://www.facebook.
- Tuesday, 14 April: The Palestinian Prisoners and International Law during the Corona Pandemic, organized by the Popular Conference of Palestinians Abroad. 8:00 am Pacific/11 am Eastern/4 pm Britain/5 pm Europe/6 pm Palestine
Follow for Facebook Live broadcast: https://www.
- Wednesday, 15 April: COVID-19 and Palestinian Prisoners with Miko Peled.
8 am Pacific/11 am Eastern/4 pm Britain/5 pm Europe/6 pm Palestine. Organized by Olive.
Register for tickets: https://www.
eventbrite.co.uk/e/covid-19- and-palestinian-prisoners- tickets-102017230282
- Wednesday, 15 April (in Arabic): Occupied Palestine ’48 – Reality and Current Challenges. Samidoun Palestine continues the discussion on the revolutionary Palestinian alternative. 10 am Pacific/1 pm Eastern/7 pm Europe/8 pm Palestine. Join the Facebook event for the link: https://www.facebook.
- Wednesday, 15 April: The International Association of Democratic Lawyers and the NLG International Committee will hold a webinar on economic sanctions and COVID-19, including among other speakers Raji Sourani of the Palestinian Centre for Human Rights. This will take place at 10 am Pacific/1 pm Eastern/7 pm Europe/8 pm Palestine. Register online here: https://bit.ly/
- Wednesday, 15 April. The Palestinian Youth Movement and National SJP are organizing Free Them All: From Palestine to the US, on prisoners’ struggle for freedom and aboltion amid COVID-19.. 4 pm Pacific/7 pm Eastern/12 pm Britain/1 am Europe/2 am Palestine
Register at: tinyurl.com/rsqqhbn
- Thursday, 16 April: Yafa Jarrar, Ghassan Abu Sitta and Tarek Loubani will speak on a webinar about COVID-19 and Palestine. 10 am Pacific/1 pm Eastern/7 pm Europe/8 pm Palestine. Event organized by University of Toronto Divest. Register online here: https://www.eventbrite.
ca/e/contain-the-pandemic- free-palestine-tickets- 101936476746
- Thursday, 16 April: Support Palestinian Prisoners, webinar with Brad Parker and Randa Wahbe. 10 am Pacific/1 pm Eastern/6 pm Britain/7 pm Europe/8 pm Palestine. Organized by the Palestine Solidarity Campaign UK. Register here: https://bit.ly/2Ve9x9o
- Thursday, 16 April. (In Spanish) How can people survive in confinement? Lessions from Gaza with Jaldia Abubakra and Nada Mughamis. 12 pm Pacific/3 pm Eastern/4 pm Argentina, Uruguay, Brazil/9 pm Europe/10 pm Palestine. Watch Facebook live at: https://facebook.com/bdscastellano/
- Friday, 17 April: Charlotte Kates from Samidoun will be joining EuroPal Forum’s webinar on 5000 Palestinian prisoners and COVID-19 at 7 am Pacific/10 am Eastern/4 p Europe/5 pm Palestine. Register for the free Zoom webinar here: https://www.eventbrite.
co.uk/e/5000-prisoners- medical-negligence-and- israeli-racism-amidst-covid- 19-tickets-101540586628
- Friday, 17 April: Participate in the Facebook Live featuring Sahar Francis of Addameer, organized by the US Palestinian Community Network at 11 am Pacific, 2 pm Eastern, 8 pm Europe, 9 pm Palestine at https://www.facebook.com/
- Friday, 17 April – In Prison there is no Social Distancing, from Rikers Island to Palestine. Organized by Jewish Voice for Peace, including speakers Marc Lamont Hill, Bassem and Ahed Tamimi, Mariame Kaba, Aarab Barghouthi, Randa Wahbe, Dareen Tatour, Brad Parker, Azadeh Shahshahani, Lex Steppling. 10 am Pacific/1 pm Eastern/7 pm Europe/8 pm Palestine. Register here: https://secure.everyaction.com/bK2HzdtoI0WRvDkmfsRo7Q2
- Friday, 17 April. Palestinian Prisoners’ Day with Ramzy Baroud, organized by the University of Leeds Palestine Solidarity Group. 11 am Pacific/2 pm Eastern/7 pm Britain/8 pm Europe/9 pm Palestine Join the Facebook event: https://www.facebook.
- Friday, 17 April (In Spanish) Prisons: The pandemic behind walls and bars. Testimonies from Colombia, Palestine and the Basque Country (Euskal Herria). Organized by Paz Con Dignidad. 8:30 am Pacific/11:30 am Eastern/5:30 pm Europe/6:30 pm Palestine. Join on Zoom: https://zoom.us/j/810549703
- Friday, 17 April (In Arabic): Palestinian Prisoners – Resisting the occupation amid a global pandemic, with Dr. Khaled Odetallah. 9 am Pacific/12 pm Eastern/6 pm Europe/7 pm Palestine, organized by the Right to Education Campaign with many other organizations, including Samidoun Palestine. Via Facebook Live: https://www.facebook.com/events/513623755977088/
- Friday, 17 April: A Tale of A Palestinian Detainee. Facebook Live at the Global Campaign to Return to Palestine. 6 am Pacific/9 am Eastern/3 pm Europe/4 pm Palestine. More info: https://www.facebook.com/Return.Eng/
- Friday, 17 April: Hands Off Venezuela, the first of a series of webinars hosted by The Red Nation in partnership with the Arab Resource & Organizing Center (AROC) and the Center for Political Education. 5 pm Pacific/8 pm Eastern/2 am Europe/3 am Palestine
Zoom registration link: https://zoom.us/webinar/
- Sunday, 19 April: NY4Palestine will host a webinar on the case of Ubai Aboudi and child prisoners in occupied Palestine at 11 am Pacific, 2 pm Eastern, 8 pm Europe, 9 pm Palestine. Featuring Hind Shraydeh, Palestinian writer, married to Ubai Aboudi; MIT mathematician Dr. Haynes Miller. Register online to attend: http://bit.ly/