Samidoun Palestinian Prisoner Solidarity Network republishes the below statement from our member association, the Collectif Palestine Vaincra, under severe attack in France, where Interior Minister Gerald Darmanin has just announced the “administrative dissolution” — essentially banning — of the collective. Please share this statement widely and take action to defend Palestinian rights and liberation, from Toulouse to Jerusalem:
- Organizations: Sign on to the solidarity statement with Collectif Palestine Vaincra
- Individuals: Sign the petition: No to the dissolution of Collectif Palestine Vaincra!
French government officially dissolves the Collectif Palestine Vaincra — the Collectif will appeal to the Council of State
On Wednesday, 9 March 2022, French Interior Minister Gérald Darmanin announced on Twitter the dissolution of the Collectif Palestine Vaincra for “calls to hatred, violence and discrimination”. We are outraged by this purely political decision and denounce this full-scale attack for “thought-crime”! For three years, the Collectif Palestine Vaincra, by supporting the Palestinian people, has clearly displayed and defended its anti-racist and anti-colonialist positions and we reaffirm them today. Through this outrageous attack and these abject accusations, French president Emmanuel Macron and his government seek to gag the entire Palestine solidarity movement and continue their unconditional support for Israel and the illegal colonization of Palestine unchallenged.
The dissolution of the Collectif Palestine Vaincra today is one more step in the criminalization of the solidarity movement with the Palestinian people. And it is indeed all anti-colonialist and anti-racist organizations that are targeted today. More than ever, we must stand up against this grave offensive against fundamental freedoms and this attack on the most basic rights of freedom of expression. The Collectif Palestine Vaincra is now dissolved but the fight continues. We will soon appeal to the courts of the Council of State to defend ourselves. We therefore call on all organizations, groups and individuals to mobilize to denounce this dissolution once again! The Collectif Palestine Vaincra calls upon all of its supporters and the supporters of the Palestinian cause to organize actions and rallies in the coming days! We will not give in!
Long live the struggle of the Palestinian people!
Palestine will live, Palestine will win!
Collectif Palestine Vaincra
Watch the webinar on the attacks on Palestine in Europe:
Read the full statement from the Collectif debunking the French government’s allegations: Why is French president Emmanuel Macron asking to ban the Collectif Palestine Vaincra?
- Individuals: Sign the petition in support of Collectif Palestine Vaincra! Add your signature here. https://www.change.org/p/non-%C3%A0-la-dissolution-du-collectif-palestine-vaincra
- Organizations: Sign the solidarity statement for Collectif Palestine Vaincra. Add your organizational endorsement here: https://bit.ly/defendcpv
- Stand against criminalization of Palestinian rights in France with a statement or action! Send organizational solidarity statements to email@example.com (and copy us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Protest at a French embassy or consulate in your area. Find the embassy near you: https://www.embassy-worldwide.com/country/france/
- Call the French embassy or consulate in your area and speak up about the targeting of CPV! Find the closest French embassy or consulate in your area: https://www.embassy-worldwide.com/country/france/ For easy reference, the French embassy in the US can be reached at +1 (202) 944 6000, the French embassy in Canada at +1 (613) 789-1795, and the French embassy to the UK at [+44] (0) 207 073 1000. Find the embassy near you: https://www.embassy-worldwide.com/country/franceWhen you call, say, “My name is _____ and I am calling from _____. I am calling about the Interior Minister’s statement today that he will dissolve and ban two pro-Palestine organizations. This is an outrageous attack on freedom of expression. I stand with Palestine and with the Collectif Palestine Vaincra, and France should stop these attacks immediately.”
- Take an individual or group photo or video with the campaign posters (below), make your own sign and share on social media! Tag us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram and use the hashtag: #SolidaritéCollectifPalestineVaincra