International solidarity actions are continuing to challenge the French government’s ban on two collectives advocating for justice in Palestine, including the Collectif Palestine Vaincra. In its dissolution order, French officials, including President Emmanuel Macron and Interior Minister Gerald Darmanin, explicitly targeted the collective for advocating for freedom for Palestinian prisoners — and for Georges Abdallah, the Lebanese struggler for Palestine jailed in France for over 37 years, supporting the boycott of Israel, and expressing solidarity with the Palestinian resistance. This escalating attack on Palestinian rights and the Palestinian liberation movement in France is highlighting the repressive and anti-democratic policies of the French state that are also targeting Muslim, anti-racist and anti-fascist organizations for banning and threats of fines and jail time.
In Stockholm, Sweden, members of Samidoun Stockholmm visited the French embassy in the Swedish capital to distribute flyers and information to passers-by about France’s attack on Palestine and the Palestinian liberation movement.
Meanwhile, in Barcelona, Jaldia Abubakra of Samidoun Spain, the Palestinian Alternative Revolutionary Path Movement (Masar Badil), and Alkarama Palestinian Women’s Mobilization, delivered a letter on behalf of dozens of Spanish and Catalan associations to the French consulate, demanding that the ban on organizations advocating for justice in Palestine be rescinded.
In Geneva, outside the French consulate, demonstrators displayed banners in solidarity with Georges Abdallah, demanding his freedom, and in support of the Collectif Palestine Vaincra against the dissolution orders.
There are further actions coming up this weekend that highlight this case as part of the struggle for justice in Palestine, including the protest in Napoli on Friday, 25 March in solidarity with Collectif Palestine Vaincra, protests and Palestine stands in Lyon, Aubervilliers, Paris and Charleroi, as well as Land Day actions in Vancouver, New York, Albuquerque and elsewhere.
- Individuals: Sign the petition in support of Collectif Palestine Vaincra! Add your signature here. https://www.change.org/p/non-%C3%A0-la-dissolution-du-collectif-palestine-vaincra
- Organizations: Sign the solidarity statement for Collectif Palestine Vaincra. Add your organizational endorsement here: https://bit.ly/defendcpv
- Stand against criminalization of Palestinian rights in France with a statement or action! Send organizational solidarity statements to email@example.com (and copy us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Protest at a French embassy or consulate in your area. Find the embassy near you: https://www.embassy-worldwide.com/country/france/
- Call the French embassy or consulate in your area and speak up about the targeting of CPV! Find the closest French embassy or consulate in your area: https://www.embassy-worldwide.com/country/france/ For easy reference, the French embassy in the US can be reached at +1 (202) 944 6000, the French embassy in Canada at +1 (613) 789-1795, and the French embassy to the UK at [+44] (0) 207 073 1000. Find the embassy near you: https://www.embassy-worldwide.com/country/franceWhen you call, say, “My name is _____ and I am calling from _____. I am calling about the Interior Minister’s statement today that he will dissolve and ban two pro-Palestine organizations. This is an outrageous attack on freedom of expression. I stand with Palestine and with the Collectif Palestine Vaincra, and France should stop these attacks immediately.”
- Take an individual or group photo or video with the campaign posters (below), make your own sign and share on social media! Tag us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram and use the hashtag: #SolidaritéCollectifPalestineVaincra