This call is cancelled as Anas Shadid and Ahmad Abu Fara have ended their hunger strike.
Join the Facebook page to report your own experiences calling in to support Anas and Ahmad!
Support Anas Shadid and Ahmad Abu Fara on their 90th day of hunger strike by calling your government to demand that it intercede for the immediate release of the two Palestinian political prisoners, ordered into “administrative detention” without charge or trial by Israel.
Afterward, please post here about how your call went and what response you received.
Call during your country’s regular office hours:
• Australian Minister of Foreign Affairs Julie Bishop: + 61 2 6277 7500
• Canadian Foreign Minister Stephane Dion: +1-613-996-5789
• European Union Commissioner Federica Mogherini: +32 (0) 2 29 53516
• New Zealand Minister of Foreign Affairs Murray McCully: +64 4 439 8000
• United Kingdom Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson: +44 20 7008 1500
• United States President Barack Obama: 1-202-456-1111
Tell your government:
• Two Palestinian prisoners, Anas Shadid and Ahmad Abu Fara, have been on hunger strike since 25 September – for 90 days – against “administrative detention,” Israeli imprisonment without charge or trial.
• Your government must demand the strikers’ immediate release and end all support for Israel’s political imprisonment and other crimes against Palestinians.
• Israel’s use of “administrative detention” is a universally-recognized violation of human rights and international law.
• The government must do more than criticize “administrative detention” or express concern, but should also take serious measures to end these violations.