The #GreatReturnMarch entered its third week in the Gaza Strip on Friday, 13 April with ongoing protests demanding Palestinian refugees’ right to return and an end to the siege on Gaza. As Palestinians continued to march to the colonially imposed “border,” where once again, they faced lethal Israeli live fire turned on a mass, popular protest. Palestinians in Gaza are over 70 percent refugees who have been denied their right to return home for 70 years after being driven from their land in 1948 by Zionist forces. Today, over 2 million Palestinians live in the Gaza Strip, where they continue to resist and struggle despite facing constant Israeli occupation attacks by air, sea and land. The Israeli occupation, with the cooperation of Egypt and international powers, has imposed a deadly siege on Gaza that has deprived Palestinians of power, electricity, clean water, utilities and key goods and other basic needs.
So far, one Palestinian, 28-year-old Islam Herzallah, was killed by Israeli occupation forces, in addition to the 32 lives taken in the past two weeks of protests. Hundreds more were injured, many by live fire in addition to tear gas, shrapnel and rubber-coated metal bullets.
Around the world, people have responded to this popular upsurge of Palestinians in Gaza with outrage at the Israeli crimes and solidarity with Palestinians continuing to march for return and liberation. These actions are continuing in the coming days, marking Palestinian Prisoners’ Day and joining in the #GreatReturnMarch for the liberation of Palestine.
April 17 is Palestinian Prisoners’ Day, a national and international day of action for the freedom of all Palestinian political prisoners, the prisoners of freedom, the prisoners of return and liberation, behind Zionist bars because of their commitment to the freedom of their people and their land. This year, April 17 can and must be a day of mobilization to liberate Palestinian prisoners, free the land and people of Palestine, break the siege on Gaza and confront all imperialist and Zionist attacks.
Samidoun Palestinian Prisoner Solidarity Network urges supporters of Palestine around the world to mobilize in immediate and ongoing response to the Land Day massacre in solidarity with Palestinians in Gaza and the entire Palestinian people – including all of the millions of Palestinian refugees in exile and diaspora who struggle for their right to return home, the key to Palestinian liberation.
Send your events and actions to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, on Facebook, or use the form to tell us about your actions in response to the Land Day Massacre and for Palestinian Prisoners’ Day. We will be publishing an international list of events and actions that will be regularly updated.
The following signs can be used in your own local events and actions. PDF download links are provided below!
1 – Right to Resist – Right to Return – Download PDF
2 – End Israel’s War on Palestinian Journalists – Download PDF
3 – Right to Resist – Right to Return – Download PDF
Our events calendar is constantly updated!
Friday, 13 April
- 13 April, Albany: Emergency Protest of Israeli Massacre in Gaza
- 13 April, Boston: Palestinian Political Prisoners
- 13 April, London: Palestinian Prisoners Day Protest
- 13 April, Padova: Rally in solidarity with Palestine
- 13 April, Angers: Rally in Solidarity with Gaza
- 13 April, Geneva: Rally for Gaza
- 13 April, Lausanne: Condemn the Brutal Repression of the Israeli Army
Saturday, 14 April
- 14 April, London: Protest outside Israeli Embassy – Free all Palestinian Prisoners!
- 14 April, Manchester: Solidarity with Palestine! Picket Israel’s British sponsors!
- 14 April, Sheffield: Solidarity Rally for Palestinians in Gaza
- 14 April, Bristol: International Palestinian Prisoners’ Day
- 14 April, Edinburgh: Palestine on Princes Street
- 14 April, Belfast: Support the Right of Return
- 14 April, Berlin: Freedom for all Political Prisoners
- 14 April, Rome: Palestinian Prisoners in Israeli Prisons
- 14 April, Paris: Rally against Israeli Massacres
- 14 April, Beziers: Rally in Solidarity with Gaza
- 14 April, Nimes: Rally in solidarity with Gaza!
- 14 April, Maubeuge: Rally in Solidarity with the Palestinian People
- 14 April, Lyon: Solidarity with Palestinians in Gaza
- 14 April, Montpellier: Stop the massacres of Palestinian civilians in Gaza!
- 14 April, Oslo: Solidarity Day for Palestine
- 14 April, Rotterdam: Solidarity with Gaza
- 14 April, Aarhus: Solidarity March – Free Ahed Tamimi and the Children of Palestine
- 14 April, NYC: Transnational Great Return March
- 14 April, San Diego: Transnational Great Return March
- 14 April, Los Angeles: Transnational Great Return March
- 14 April, San Francisco: Transnational Great Return March – Bay Area
- 14 April, Tampa: Great Return March
- 14 April, Jacksonville: We will return! #GreatMarchOfReturn
- 14 April, Detroit: Great Return March kick-off
- 14 April, Washington DC: March on the White House: Stop the Wars!
- 14 April, Austin: Gaza Great Return March and Candlelight Vigil
- 14 April, Jerusalem: The prisoners’ situation – the boycott of occupation courts for the end of administrative detention
Sunday, 15 April
- Oakland: End the Wars at Home and Abroad Spring Action
- Minneapolis: Stop Endless U.S. Wars!
- New York City: End US Wars at Home and Abroad!
- Crosia: For Yaser Murtaja
Monday, 16 April
- Manchester: Khaled Barakat speaks on Palestine, prisoners and revolution
- Poughkeepsie: Voices of Palestinian Resistance
Tuesday, 17 April
- London: 100 years of fighting Zionism, colonialism and imperialism
- Milan: Cambia Giro – Palestine and the Giro d’Italia
- Brussels: Solidarity with Palestinian Political Prisoners and Gaza
- Paris: Freedom March on Palestinian Prisoners’ Day!
- Lille: Solidarity with Palestinian prisoners! Solidarity with Georges Abdallah!
- Vancouver: Mark Palestinian Prisoners Day, Boycott HP
- Montevideo: March and Rally to the Zionist Embassy
- Claremont: Political Prisoner Letter Writing Night
Wednesday, 18 April
- Athens: East Med Pipeline, energy and dependence
- Dublin: Palestinian Child Prisoners in Apartheid Israel’s Prisons
Thursday, 19 April
- Gothenburg: People’s kitchen and Solidarity with Palestinian prisoners
- Raleigh: Voices of Palestinian Resistance
Friday, 20 April
- Charlotte: Voices of Palestinian Resistance
- Albany: Rally to Support Gaza’s March of Return
- NYC: Rally for Palestinian Prisoners + the #GreatReturnMarch
- Evry: Rally in Solidarity with Palestine
- Geneva: Rally for Gaza
- Lausanne: Rally for Gaza
- Cologne: Solidarity with Gaza and Palestinian Prisoners
- Berlin: Solidarity with the Great Return March
- Antwerp: Bar Palestine // On Palestinian Prisoners
- Nimes: Rally in Solidarity with Gaza and Palestinian prisoners
- Vannes: Rally in Solidarity with Gaza and Palestinian prisoners
- Nantes: Rally in Solidarity with Gaza and Palestinian prisoners
- Angouleme: Rally in Solidarity with Gaza and Palestinian prisoners
- Rennes: Rally in Solidarity with Gaza and Palestinian prisoners
Saturday, 21 April
- Sydney: Speakout for Palestinian Prisoner Day – Free Ahed and all Prisoners
- Chicago: Stop the Wars! March and Rally!
- Copenhagen: Solidarity demonstration with Gaza!
- Carhaix: Rally in Solidarity with Gaza and Palestinian prisoners
- Montpellier: Rally in Solidarity with Gaza and Palestinian prisoners
- Grenoble: Rally in Solidarity with Gaza and Palestinian prisoners
- Reims: Rally in Solidarity with Gaza and Palestinian prisoners
- Troyes: Rally in Solidarity with Gaza and Palestinian prisoners
- La Roche-sur-Yon – Vendee: Rally in Solidarity with Gaza and Palestinian prisoners
- Lorient: Rally in Solidarity with Gaza and Palestinian prisoners
- Boston: Rally for Palestine! Education Under Occupation
- Koblenz: Rally for the Palestinian Prisoners
- Philadelphia: We will not be silent! Philly Don’t Orchestrate Apartheid!
Sunday, 22 April